- Kursusudbyder: Copenhagen Business School, MBD
- ECTS-point: 3
- Undervisningssprog: Engelsk
- Udbudt til: Forår
- Tilmeldingsfrist: 16. marts 2021
- Kursets uddannelsesniveau: Masterniveau
In this course, we will explore the key elements of the future digital workplace within the strategic and practical framing of digital workplace design and transformation.
The four inter-related elements of the digital workplace that will be explored are as follows:
1. Technologies of the digital workplace
- Here we will discuss the necessary digital capabilities that organizations must have
2. The digital workforce
- We will look into the workforce trends of the future and raise some of the dilemmas related to such trends
3. New ways of working
- We will look at new ways of working at an individual, team, and organizational level -and discuss what boosts work-life flexibility, worker agility, and engagement
- In a digital workplace, it is crucial to consider how different leadership styles together can foster new ways of working
It is important to consider the synergies between the four elements when designing a digital workplace. Furthermore, a successful digital transformation is not a technology-driven endeavor; rather, it is a cultural and organizational transformation. We will conclude this course by discussing digital workplace design and transformation as key enablers of organizing for digitalization.
Your learning outcome
In this course, you will learn to:
• To identify and assess the digital capabilities that organizations need to support the digital workplace of the future
• To identify and assess the different types of workforce needed in the digital workplace
• To identify and assess best-fitting new ways of working and leadership styles, given a certain technological and physical environment and workforce characteristics
• To identify and assess opportunities for broader digital business transformations
• To use academic research as inspiration for both tactical and strategic decisions.