- Kursusudbyder: IT-Universitetet
- ECTS-point: 7,5
- Undervisningssprog: Engelsk
- Udbudt til: Forår
- Tilmeldingsfrist: 10. januar 2019
This is a course in mathematics covering linear algebra and basic probability theory. These topics are important in various branches of computer science, in particular in algorithms and machine learning.
After the course, students should be able to:
- Solve systems of linear equations
- Define the basic concepts of linear algebra and probability, e.g., eigenvalues for a matrix or variance of a discrete random variable
- Compute the essential constructions of linear algebra, such as the inverse of a given matrix or the eigenvectors of a given matrix. Compute probabilities, expected values, variances and other concepts from probability theory.
- Apply the tools of linear algebra and probability to solve small mathematical problems.
- Model simple probabilistic problems using the distributions covered in the course.