- Kursusudbyder: Københavns Universitet
- ECTS-point: 7,5
- Undervisningssprog: Engelsk
- Udbudt til: Forår
- Tilmeldingsfrist: 1. april 2021
- Kursets uddannelsesniveau: Bachelorniveau
The goal of this course is to give students an introduction to IT security on a deeper technical level. The syllabus primarily takes on the viewpoint of the attacker, with excursions into defensive techniques motivated by the concrete attacks.
The student will be able to:
- Analyse simple web applications from a security perspective, locate vulnerabilities, and demonstrate how to rectify them.
- Describe and apply exploitation techniques such as return-oriented programming and stack and heap buffer overflows, as well as counter mechanisms.
- Do basic reverse engineering of binary programs and locate vulnerabilities.
- Understand the link between vulnerabilities in binary programs and the insecure source code that produce them.
- Recognise insecure source code and suggest corrections.
- Use and develop shellcode.
- Determine a vulnerability by reviewing an exploit of it, and suggest corrections.
26. april 2021