- Kursusudbyder: IT-Universitetet
- ECTS-point: 7,5
- Undervisningssprog: Engelsk
- Udbudt til: Forår
- Tilmeldingsfrist: 3. januar 2020
- Kursets uddannelsesniveau: Kandidatniveau
This course gives an introduction to the field of data science with a focus on the game industry. The course is relatively practically oriented, focusing on applicable algorithms and technologies. Practical exercises will involve both use of a freely available data mining package and individual implementation of algorithms.
After the course the students should be able to:
- Analyse data mining problems and reason about the most appropriate methods to apply to a given dataset and knowledge extraction need.
- Implement basic pre-processing, association mining, classification and clustering algorithms.
- Apply and reflect on advanced pre-processing, association mining, classification and clustering algorithms.
- Compare and evaluate the application of different algorithms on real-world problems.
- Analyse the characteristics of a dataset and identify the best storage and processing technologies
- Analyse the scale and complexity of a data processing and analysis problem.