- Kursusudbyder: IT-Universitetet
- Undervisningssprog: Engelsk
In this course, students learn about game architectures for data-driven games, design implications and how to employ data-driven techniques in various areas of game development, design and management. They also learn how to develop, use, and analyse different game analytics (customer metrics, community metrics, performance metrics, gameplay metrics) and using those to balance and optimize different aspects of games, informing the design process.
After the course the student should be able to:
- Describe the impact of data analytics on game design, production, and marketing
- Identify the stages of game design, production, and marketing in which analytics support decision making
- Classify the relevant key performance indicators relevant in each of the design, production and post production stages
- Outline testing and evaluation procedures and relevant statistical measures
- Relate qualitative properties of the game experience with quantitative measures
- Evaluate analytics solutions in relation to development in business needs
- Describe the challenges connected to the collection and analysis of large amount of in-game data
- Construct effective visualisations, from collected metrics, that can inform game design, production, and marketing.